Have you ever had a time in your life when time stood still? An event that made your whole world stop. I think we all have. There are moments in time that we all share like this. 9-11. Challenger. You get the idea.
Well, when these moments happen on a more personal level; it makes it harder to transition back to the "real world". Time stood still when I helped my dad move into his apartment (18 years ago) the day after he told us kids that my parents were separating. Time stood still when I had to pee in a kitchen strainer during a miscarriage (6 years ago) waiting for products of conception, or what I called my baby. Time stood still for a friend and her family today. I am sad. It is not my news to share. I just wanted to blog about this, so I would remember this day. My heart is breaking for them.
Is there a time in your life when TIME STOOD STILL?
2 comments:
We all have those times. Today is the anniversary of my grandma's death. She was more like my mom than my grandma. Time certainly stood still the day she died.
Time stood still for me for a long time when your dad moved out.
Post a Comment