So I have been complaining - as usual - to my mom, my friends, etc. You know the kind of complaining you do when you really should be finding a life for yourself. Anywho, I realized today that when my sister blogged about the A/C not working at my mom's house since Saturday and I even talked to my mom Sunday night. My mom never once mentioned that she was in a hot and sticky house with no A/C!!! I sat the whole time on the phone and complained about not being on a friend's blog roll and my family not being invited to birthday parties and me not relating to the "Young Moms" anymore- I realize NOW that I need to get a life!
I really need to gain some perspective about my "woes". I mean there was a time last year that Travis lost his job. During that time do you think I was thinking about blog rolls and birthday parties? Nope. I was NOT! Why do I need to wait for "hard times" before I finally learn my lesson. I want to not have to learn things the hard way (at least not all the time).
Here is to a new week of gaining PERSPECTIVE! Wish me luck.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Perspective
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Good Luck!
What is so interesting to me is that you do have a life, a really full one. Much more than most of us. You have a positive influence on so many people and situations. Not judging here (I think my reaction would be the same) just wondering why do those other things matter so much?
Pam, I have often thought of the psychological background to why I care about (in my mind) 1) fitting in, 2) belonging, and 3) being a part of the "group" - whatever group you are talking about, I want to be a part of it. To be honest I know I have a LIFE! IT is a great life, but little things make me sad. Like not going to bkft with you Carla and Amy on the first day of school - but I guess that is just not fitting in, because I still have kids at home. I think that "Someday, oh someday, I will fit in". But the reality is that if I fit in with you, then I won't fit in with the 'young moms'. Sorry ('bout the age thing).
The best I can come up with is my dad left my mom when I was 15. It is my excuse for everything in life. If I can't figure out why I am broken, I blame it on that experience. I want everyone to get along, I want everyone to be invited to every party - as absurd as that sounds. I really really want everyone to be happy and included.
I know I am included in many things, but I want no one to feel the pain of being left out. The truth is -
I
Don't
know
Why!
The question in my mind is - When is the first time I felt un- included? And I really don't know. Unresolved issues. This week I am just trying to think differently and not really fix why I think this way.
The why only matters if you need it to be able to change your way of thinking. If you don't need to know the why to change it then I suppose it doesn't really matter.
I want to fit in and belong and I never feel like I quite do. You and I have talked about that before. I am not sure when it started but I remember being in elementary school and being made fun of for which book I choose for a book report and I remember sitting in the corner of the playground by myself watching everyone else play. Maybe I don't want to be that little girl in the corner. I don't know.
The ironic thing for me is that at the same time I value alone time. I confuse myself :)
I think something to remember is no one perfectly fits in everywhere. Because we are all different.
It is hard and I hope you can find peace about it. (frankly I hope I can too :) )
Did I write this?
Our AC being out wasn't much of an inconvenience. I opened the windows and turned the attic fan on each night and morning and it cooled the house down. The highest it got was 84 degrees. Ceiling fans are wonderfun too. Now the problem is that we might need to replace it. There is a leak in the refrigerant system. They just don't know how big of a leak it is. My how time flies. It is 15 years old. The first one only lasted about 17 years. Anyway, we have air again at least for a while. The part was $401 and if I have to buy a new unit within 30 days they will buy it back. Whoopee!
Post a Comment