Friday, August 15, 2008

Things I learned the first week of school...

  1. I don't get anything done after 3:45 p.m. when they walk in the door.
  2. I miss teaching piano (I miss the schedule and seeing kid improve their talents.)
  3. My Sweetie likes to take 2 naps a day - who knew? All summer she took one nap a day, but she also slept in till 9 am. Now she is up at 7:20 at the latest to help me drive the kids to school.
  4. Working on the parent organization has a lot of things to do at the beginning on the year. Last year I worked on this same committee, but this year with the school construction going on in the back field it feels BUSIER! For one, we had to find a new place for the computer and the file cabinet. I think our computer will find a home in the copy room TODAY. We really need access to it.
  5. I love the Olympics, but I watch too much TV. I started dragging the stationary bike into the TV room, so I didn't feel so guilty watching 8 hours of TV! CRAZY! At least TiVO makes the 8 hours into 5 hours. I LOVE TiVO!

I would like to say that I miss my kids, but I already knew I would miss my kids (you thought I was going to say something else - He he). I am glad RHM loves kindergarten. My Princess and Oldest seem to like school, but they don't LOVE IT anymore. The Oldest is bored at recess and needs something to do - maybe games. The construction on the field is a downer to my 5th grader. You see, he has been looking forward to that back field for years and the back part of campus is for 5th - 8th graders. Oh well, Oldest, at least next year you get a building!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I'm with you. It's so strange when school starts. I'm ready for my kids to go, but I miss them too. Congrats on the two naps! How nice. I love you new blog layout; very cute!

Marlene said...

Yep, remind oldest how lucky he is not to be in 8th grade. They don't get the area for recess, but they also will not benefit from the new building. My girl is NOT happy!lol!

Trevlyn said...

Wow! That's huge to go from one to two naps! Lucky you!

I don't miss my kids. Bad mom, bad mom!

da mmm said...

First week of school is great...once you get all the supplies and get back to a normal schedule.
I have been spending way too much time watching the Olympics too. I love TIVO. You can watch 8 hours of olympics in less than 2 hours if you just stop at the end of each competition to see who won. Then if they keep showing reruns of a performance, you can see the whole thing when it is repeated several times. Got to love Michael and Dara and the lady marithon lady that is 39.