Monday, August 4, 2008

Here we go again

VAPO responsibilities this week -



Monday - that's today - back to school breakfast with teachers (went off without a hitch with lots of help from 3 other parents. THANKS!


Tuesday - NEW PARENT meeting - it is to inform parents about VAPO and all the great ways they can serve the school - also a chance to find out about the new construction going on at the school (details later...much later)


  • Wednesday - RETURNING PARENT meeting - everyone else comes and gets the same talk about construction and learns the new pick up drop off procedure. Not really a VAPO meeting - I will be there to show support, mostly.

  • Friday - MEET THE TEACHER DAY - VAPO will be selling used uniforms and I will be setting up for this. So much to do, so little time.

MOM responsibilities this week -

  • BUY SCHOOL SUPPLIES!!! - still need pencil sharpener, wide ruled paper, paper towels, and erasers (white ones - harder to find, but "do"able)

  • do laundry from beach - I am on the 7th load since Saturday night.

  • Clean house - my husband is sick of looking at the mess we unloaded from the beach trip - What can I say? I am a slow un-packer.

  • grocery shop - we have very little food to make a meal with - We had Subway for dinner, maybe I shouldn't shop. We could eat out all week, right? Right.

My own responsibilities for the week:

  • teach piano - Tuesday and Thursday

  • schedule piano lesson for the fall schedule

  • go on a date with my husband

  • Do more yoga - I did some at the beach and LOVED IT! I love the way I feel ready to take on the world after a great workout.
What are you doing this week?
Upcoming dates:
School starts for us August 11th! RHM turns 5 on August 12th! Three kids in school - CRAZY! Am I really that old? I guess so.

4 comments:

Petie said...

Crazy busy schedule! Good luck!

da mmm said...

How fun to be so busy. I know you enjoy being so involved. But you need to make sure you schedule time for you and the family this year. I am going shopping at lunch today to see what I can find for Seth.

da mmm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Yeah well (said in most annoying voice) I have four (note emphasis for pity here) kids in school this year and none left at home during the day. With one JR Higher. Although I have a feeling the "am I really that old?" feeling will get stronger when they go off to high school and then college. I keep thinking hey it will be nice to have a clean quiet house for a few hours and to not have to geet a sitter for appointments but in reality I think I will miss the middle of the day hugs and having someone to talk to while I grocery shop.

This week I watched Sweetie Monday and worked. Today I work some more and go to schedule pick up at the JR high. Wed I have mutual for which I need to bake a bunch of cakes (we are learning cake decorating and I am making a few extra just in case) Thursday is Meet the teacher and Enrichment. This weekend is a suprise party for my hb's grandma and swimming.
then there is of course the get the house clean, get the boys haircuts, clothes shopping (we already have the school supplies yeah!) and more work.

Enjoy your crazy week and call if you need anything :D