So, I now have a witness to my daily problem, so I will confess. My household problem is...
SCREAMING. (and it isn't me, honest.)
My daughter, as cute as she is, screams all day long.
My daughter, as cute as she is, screams all day long.

She is kind of non verbal and the youngest, so she thinks that if she screams she will get what she wants. This problem started about 2 weeks ago. I made it one week and then started teaching her sign language. Now I have turned to time outs and ignoring it.
Halloween did not help this SCREAMING problem. Now she screams for candy. I taught her the sign for sweet (candy at our house) and she signs it then screams. It is HORRIBLE! 
By the time Travis gets home from work, I am ready to hand her over and run outside for 5 minutes of peace.
I treasure nap time.
I know I should be doing things with her, but I am about to give up and raise a spoiled brat.
I am the oldest. I believe that all youngest children are spoiled. And brats. Sorry. It is just the truth. So, why fight it anymore. To all youngest children that I am offending, get over it.
4 comments:
Thanks, I feel so loved. Spoiled yes...Brat...no (me that is). Screaming phases suck...never had one that lasted all day so I guess I can't totally empathize, but babysitting screamers is bad enough. So do the screams turn into through fits where they are literally writhing on the floor yet? yeah, that's a fun one.
She definitely knows what she wants! And isn't cluing in anyone else on what that is. But you are doing a fantastic job with her - you just can't see the results yet. I'm going to pretend I have sage perspective here and just calmly say, "it will pass". Easy to say from an outsiders point of view. Sorry.
I put up with Sam screaming one time when I was at their house babysitting. Matt was asleep, kids at school, Deb out of town. I didn't do anything, she just started screaming. I tried everything to distract her and finally held her close so she couldn't move for about half an hour before she stopped and snuggled down on my lap and let me read to her.
Not the same problem you are having though, so I don't know what to recommend other than not giving in to her screaming. And I live a long way away and don't have to listen to it, so do what you have to do to survive.
Brian threw something down on Sunday and asked how we raised such a spoiled kid (Charlee). Then he proceeded to give her what she wanted in the first place. HMMMM How did we raise such a spoiled kid???
Post a Comment