Saturday, November 8, 2008

Fall BBQ

before the fall BBQ started - I was watching them set up and the kids played and read. FUN!This place was packed during the evening event, I swear.

So the fall BBQ was last night at my school. It is a small event to encourage people to come buy books at the book fair. The theme this year was Safari, "Read, Dream, Grow."

It was a great time in the library and with the crafts! this was called Textile Nation
- the kids felt in the boxes for creeping things
cold spaghetti, pealed grapes, etc.


So well planned and thought out.


We just had one, tiny problem with the vendor for the food.
He came an hour and a half late and only brought half the food.
NEVER go to Don Pedro's Mexician Restaurant.
So we had to politely turn away 100 hungry people and offer them their money back when we go back to school. IT WAS A HUGE HEADACHE! People kept telling me that their kids were hungry while I was there with Sweetie on my hip. Hmm. Hungry kids, yah, I know what you are going through. REALLY!

Besides the food drama, the whole evening really was nice. For the record, someone did go and buy pizzas for everyone at no charge. We tried but I still had nightmares last night about the event. I hope for a good night's sleep tonight.

4 comments:

Nancy Page said...

Sorry to hear about the food headache, but your pictures look great. I'm sure that it was a really nice evening.

da mmm said...

Hope you get the refund thing all figured out. Enjoy your 2 days with the kids home.

Sarah said...

Wow! That looked like quite the event! I love the picture of RHM and Sweetie on the side of your blog! That orange door is an amazing background! I left out some events for the pictures of Becky, if you have any questions call me.

barryblog said...

I got a couple of good comments from people at school. They thought that besides the food, it was a great event. I am glad to know the name of the caterer. I will go blog about him negatively now!! Oh, and the posters were at least cute. hehe