Saturday, November 1, 2008

Friends Save You Money

I went to the pet store today to get some crickets for the bearded dragons and some fish food for the fish. On this simple errand I had all 4 kids with me (Travis went golfing - hope he is having fun, sincerely), so we took more time than normal in the store looking at the animals and having fun. We walked by the baby bearded dragons and low and behold - they COST $59 each. HOLY COW!

Oldest received his bearded dragons from a family friend for FREE. I had no idea how much they were worth. THANKS, Carla. Oldest and I talked about taking care of JJ and Elvis even better. Princess received her goldfish the same way. We are blessed.

This simple act of going the pet store made me realize how much our friends help us in our daily lives and we don't even recognize it. Last night my friends helped me go trick or treating. Without them I couldn't have split the kids up into big kids and little kids AND still had someone pass out candy at my house. My friends are the best!

I have many friend that help me in my daily life. I am watching a little boy next week, so a volunteer can RUN the book fair at school. She started to cry when I said I would watch him for free. She doesn't understand why I would do that. Her crying made me take a step back, I don't think I have even offered to pay my friends to babysit my kids. I just have great friends and I hope they will trade with me. I love my friends. I don't think I take advantage of them, but sometimes I take them for granted. My family and Travis' family live far from us, so my friends are like family to me.
THANK YOU FRIENDS!

5 comments:

Matt and Melissa said...

Hi Audra! It was fun to catch up with your family on your blog. Sounds like things are busy, but you are having a good time. Internet is sketchy here, but we try to blog as much as we can, even though it takes a year to load the pictures sometimes! Take care.
PS My brother-in-law had a bearded dragon that he paid around $60, but then it died after drinking some pool water. Sad huh?

Pam said...

You really should give "friend lessons" You are an absolute pro at it!

da mmm said...

I know how you feel. I never had family close and needed to depend on friends also.

Nancy Page said...

As Pam said you are a pro friend. I don't think that we've ever traded, you've just watched my kids. thank you and I mean it. You are a true friend and I'm so glad that we have this blog thing so that I can keep in contact with you better than we ever have before. Luv you!

peabodymom said...

I just like to wear purple.