So, I have a cousin who is having an Election Party tonight at her house. If I lived in Utah I would come, but I don't. Any who...she jokingly told her readers to - wear red to the party if you are Republican,
- blue if you are Democrat,
- and tie-die or purple if you are a third party (Libertarian, Independent, Green or as Nader's party said on my ballot - NONE - what the heck is none?).

here are some stickers for your party Kerry
This made me think. I honestly have no idea what color my friend would wear. Do you know what political beliefs your closest friends have? Our school is very conservative, but that doesn't mean everyone would wear red. Right? Our church very much stays out of telling people how to vote, but I assume that most Mormons vote Republican. Sad and limiting assumptions, but that is what your get when you assume. Kerry, I think you would wear blue, am I right? So here is the question, "What color would you wear to an Election Party?" I will tell you my color if you tell me yours.
Poll to be posted along sidebar. VOTE TODAY!
No matter what party you belong to, the important thing is to vote. I did and so did Travis this morning.
Happy Voting!
16 comments:
I don't know that I can answer your poll. While I am registered Republican I vote all over the place depending on the issue canidate etc. . . I try hard to vote specifically and not just along party lines. Hmm . . . .
I wouldn't go to an election party. Sounds pretty lame in my opinion, unless there will be NBA on another TV in the house...
WHAT COLOR TRAVIS? I didn't think you would go, but what color would you wear? I do know this one, but most of my friends I don't know.
Amy - I think you would wear red. But I don't want to put you in a box.
I do vote republican more than democrat but not by as large a margin as many would think
I'd wear blue. I look better in blue. I thought it would be funny to say to vote for Nader and finally give him a shot in office, but seriously more people are going to the polls today and I think it's great. I went down to the corner of Bashas this morning and rallied with others to vote "Yes" on prop 102. One man One woman. We only got mooned once and just a few boos, but mostly honks and thumbs up.
I'd wear red as I consider myself a republican, but I do not vote a straight ticket.
tie dye, actually. (wearing a green tie dyed skirt as I type!)
and my ballot said something random for Nader's party like "peace and happiness." I kid you not.
Tie dye. Registered Republican.
Tie dye. Registered Republican.
Blue. But mostly because I'm sad that everyone else is wearing red.
BLUE BLUE BLUE! Palin love all the way! (But you probably guessed that via my halloween costume!:D) PLUS.. totally afraid of OBAMA.
Now, you are probably thinking... WHAT?? You are not 18! Your 13!! Ah.. but we did a student election today... pretty intersting!
Jeremy & I would be wearing blue. I know the typical Mormon is expected to be Red, but Jeremy is of a different mind set and I agree with him on some things. But I don't look great in blue or red, but currently wearing a bright red shirt w/ my sweatpants! Funny!
I'd wear Tie dye. I'm independant. I never agree with either party so I wait and pick witch one I perfer before I vote.
Getting personal, Audra?? You may start some fights with this one!! I usually vote Republican, but I like to know who and what I am voting for. I would rather leave a space blank than vote for my party.I think we need to know the whole issue before we vote on it:)
So, just for clarification - I didn't really want to know names and color choices, hense the poll in the sidebar.
Second - I think Carly and Nancy Page really meant to put RED. I have a hard time thinking that a Palin lover is democrat, inless you are joking Carly.
Third - I am purple. I am a registered independent, much to my father's disappointment. I am happy with Obama being our new president, BECAUSE of the positive message and feeling that most of the country feels. I didn't vote for him. I don't agree with his policies, but I think he is a good man and will do a great job.
That is all folks. NO MORE POLITICS FOR ME!
I'd wear some red, with a little more red.
I pride myself with studying the issues, the supporters and foes, and even go so far as to call attorney friends to get input on the judges.
I consider myself a conservative Republican and am VERY saddened by the way the political "lay of the land" is looking. The "talk" I'm hearing seems to be glorying in America's ability to elect an African American president. That's not what it's about and I'm sick to think where this country is headed.
Post a Comment